This is a job-ready qualification, based on National Occupational Standards (NOS), which will provide the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work competently as a make-up consultant.
On completion of this qualification you will be able to provide advice to customers on beauty products as a brand ambassador in a retail setting. You will be able to select and demonstrate a range of retail beauty products, tools and equipment in order to provide advice and recommendations on:
• The application of skincare and make-up products
• A range of beauty retail products, tools and equipment for the eyelashes and eyebrows
• A range of beauty retail products, tools and equipment for the face, neck and skin
• A range of beauty retail products, tools and equipment for the nails
• Perfumery recommendations to customers
You will be able to implement a safe working environment, record, maintain and store confidential customer information, complete promotional activities whilst maintaining a high standard of professionalism, brand image, etiquette and hygiene. You will be able to close a sale whilst maintaining professionalism and values expected by the retail beauty industry. Students of this course can to go on to further study beauty therapy or retail management.
Applicants need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week within a salon or spa and must be 16 or over. We work with a number of employers within the industry and can help you to find a placement if required. On application you will be invited for an interview.